Cystopurin is used to relieve the symptoms of cystitis. The active substance in Cystopurin is potassium citrate. Potassium citrate helps to relieve the symptoms of cystitis by making your urine less acidic, reducing the discomfort caused by acidic urine. Cystitis is a distressing condition caused by an infection and/or inflammation of the bladder. It is normally no more than a painful nuisance and only rarely becomes more serious. Cystitis will occur in 4 out of 5 women at least once in their lifetime so it is a very common complaint and the attacks usually cause no lasting damage. Cystitis can also occur in men and children, but this is quite rare and medical advice should be sought.
Benefits & Features
- At the first burning, stinging signs of cystitis you need relief fast. This is where Cystopurin can help.
- Cystopurin is a low-sodium 48 hour treatment for the symptoms of cystitis.
- Each pack contains 6 sachets which mix with water to make cranberry flavour drinks.
- Cystopurin works by counteracting the acidity of your urine, helping to relieve the burning, stinging pain on passing water.
How To Take
- Follow the directions below closely. You should ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure how to use this medicine. Cystopurin is taken as a drink.
Adults and the elderly:
- Take the contents of one sachet dissolved in a small glass of cold water (200ml), three times daily for two days.
- All six sachets must be taken to complete the course of treatment.
Children over 6 years:
- Use only after advice from your doctor, and follow his/her directions carefully. Cystopurin is not recommended for children under 6 years.
- While suffering from cystitis avoid alcohol, fruit juices, coffee and strong tea. You should also try to drink as much water as possible (at least 8 glasses per day).
- You should consult your doctor if symptoms return or persist after 48 hours of treatment.